President’s Message / Message de la présidente
Another year of CRPA business has just flown by, yet again. During this short time we have seen a lot of new initiatives take form, such as
- the launch of the new online Bulletin,
- the ability to renew your memberships for two years at one time to allow for some cost savings, and
- tiered corporate membership packages to provide more flexibility for businesses of all sizes within the radiation safety community.
It seems our new voting platform has lived up to our expectations, as this year’s elections saw the greatest voter turnout in a long time. Thank you all for your participation and congratulations to our new board of directors members:
- Ed Waller (president-elect)
- Donata Chaulk (director)
We also thank our returning members:
- Grant Cubbon (director)
- Mojgan Soleimani (treasurer)
This year’s conference in Quebec City is gearing up to be an exciting one, with participation from international sister organizations, as well as the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP)! As a bilingual member and native of “la belle province” of Quebec, I could not wish for a better place to hold the annual general meeting and end my term as president of the association.
I hope to see you all there!