TDG “Class 7” Refresher for the Radiation Safety Officer
Presented by Trevor Beniston, Provincial Radiation Safety Leader, Cancer Care Alberta
March 26, 2021, 12:00 to 3:00 pm EST
CRPA members: $56.50
Radiation Safety Officers (RSOs) are not generally involved in the day-to-day transportation of radioactive material, yet they are typically responsible for ensuring transportation is done correctly.
To keep RSOs up to date, this session will review the shipping, receiving, training, and record-keeping requirements for common Class 7 shipments by road and air. The discussion will focus on the practical aspects of properly transporting radioactive material, while addressing common misunderstandings that you may encounter as an RSO.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Explain your responsibilities as a consignor, carrier, or consignee
- Identify when a material is shipped as Class 7
- Select the appropriate packaging
- Identify the necessary safety marks for the package
- Complete the proper shipping documents
- Report on dangerous occurrences and supply the necessary information
This session is intended as a refresher for individuals who have already taken formal Class 7 TDG training. Participants who complete the session will receive a certificate of attendance; however, a formal TDG “certificate of training” will not be issued.
To register, visit crpa.thinkific.com.
Member discount codes can be found on the CRPA members’ website.